environment for creating psychology stimuli in Python
DescriptionPsychoPy provides an environment for creating psychology stimuli using Python scripting language. It combines the graphical strengths of OpenGL with easy Python syntax to give psychophysics a free and simple stimulus presentation and control package. The goal is to provide, for the busy scientist, tools to control timing and windowing and a simple set of pre-packaged stimuli and methods. PsychoPy features
- IDE GUI for coding in a powerful scripting language (Python)
- Builder GUI for rapid development of stimulation sequences
- Use of hardware-accelerated graphics (OpenGL)
- Integration with Spectrascan PR650 for easy monitor calibration
- Simple routines for staircase and constant stimuli experimental
methods as well as curve-fitting and bootstrapping
- Simple (or complex) GUIs via wxPython
- Easy interfaces to joysticks, mice, sound cards etc. via PyGame
- Video playback (MPG, DivX, AVI, QuickTime, etc.) as stimuli
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".