installer package for the publicfile HTTP and FTP server
DescriptionPublicfile is a http and ftp server, written by Daniel J. Bernstein in 1999; it didn't change a lot after that. Modern features are not supported. However, if you're looking for a small, simple and secure webserver, which integrates with the runit and daemontools UNIX service managers, publicfile will suit your needs. This installer package downloads the publicfile .tar.gz file from the upstream website, combines it with Debian packaging information from the package maintainer's website; then builds a publicfile Debian package, and installs that. When installing this installer package, one is given the option to postpone downloading and installing publicfile.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".