graphical interface for browsing the Python Package Index
DescriptionPyPI Browser is a graphical user interface (GUI) tool for browsing the contents of the Python Package Index (PyPI). It queries the online Package Index server to retrieve information about the available packages. It aims to make it easier for users to find and download useful Python software from a central repository. It provides facilities for searching the package index, can display information about individual packages, allows packages to be marked so that they can be downloaded together, and records information about existing packages so that new ones can be highlighted. Be warned that the preferred way of installing Python modules in the Debian distribution is from the official python-* packages.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".