distributed object system for Python
DescriptionPyro (PYthon Remote Object) is an easy to use and powerful distributed object system for Python. In a distributed object system, clients send requests to distant servers, which owns the remote objects. Pyro simplifies a lot the creation of clients and servers, and has among its features:
- dynamic and static proxies for all remote method invocations,
- a naming service which keeps record of the location of objects,
- mobile objects support: clients and servers can pass objects around,
- exceptions that occur in the remote object is raised on the client too,
- multithreaded server support to handle multiple requests simultaneously.This package contains the core Pyro library and the command line tools. Some graphical tools are available in the pyro-gui package. The documentation is available in the pyro-doc package. A lot of examples are available in the pyro-examples package.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".