framebuffer-enabled replacement for getty
Descriptionqingy (Qingy Is Not GettY) is a replacement for getty that uses DirectFB to provide a fast, nice GUI without the overhead of the X Window System. It allows the user to log in and start the session of his choice (text console, GNOME, KDE, WMaker, ...). Main features:
- It works ;-)
- It remembers last user who logged in, with focus on password
- It also rememebers last session each user chose
- Alternatively it remembers last session on a per-tty basis
- Fully themable
- A theme will look the same on all machines, independently of
- You can select your favourite theme, or a random one every time
- Both text and X sessions are supported
- You can start more that one X session at once
- You can even start X inside a console when X sessions are already
- PAM support
- Support for screen savers
- Auto log-in support
- Session locking support
- tty specific options support
- Customizable key bindings
- Text mode support.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".