tools for transforming and inspecting PDF files
DescriptionQPDF is a program that can be used to linearize (web-optimize), encrypt (password-protect), decrypt, and inspect PDF files from the command-line. It does these and other structural, content-preserving transformations on PDF files, reading a PDF file as input and creating a new one as output. It also provides many useful capabilities to developers of PDF-producing software or for people who just want to look at the innards of a PDF file to learn more about how they work. QPDF understands PDF files that use compressed object streams (supported by newer PDF applications) and can convert such files into those that can be read with older viewers. It can also be used for checking PDF files for structural errors, inspecting stream contents, or extracting objects from PDF files. QPDF is not PDF content creation or viewing software -- it does not have the capability to create PDF files from scratch or to display PDF files. This package includes the command-line qpdf tools. It also contains the documentation.
13060 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 8.0.2-3 (Information last updated about 9 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".