advanced interactive crossword construction tool
DescriptionQxw is a program to help you create and publish crosswords, from the simplest blocked grid to sophisticated thematic puzzles. It can make rectangular-, hexagonal- or circular-format grids with blocks, bars or both. It has an automatic grid-filling facility that can handle a wide range of answer treatments and you can even add your own answer treatment methods. Grids can be filled using letters, digits, or a mixture of both. Qxw can produce output in a range of formats ready for publication. Qxw is written in C and has a GUI based on GTK+.
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything.Upload now
899 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 20140331-1ubuntu1 (Information last updated about 19 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".