Personal full text search package with a Qt GUI
DescriptionThis package is a personal full text search package is based on a very strong backend (Xapian), for which it provides an easy to use and feature-rich interface. Features:
* Qt-based GUI
* Supports the following document types (and their compressed versions)
- Natively: text, html, OpenOffice files, maildir and mailbox (Mozilla and
IceDove mail) with attachments, pidgin log files
- With external helpers: pdf (pdftotext), postscript (ghostscript), msword
(antiword), excel, ppt (catdoc), rtf (unrtf)
* Powerful query facilities, with boolean searches, phrases, filter on file
types and directory tree
* Support for multiple charsets, Internal processing and storage uses Unicode
* Stemming performed at query time (can switch stemming language after
* Easy installation. No database daemon, web server or exotic language
* An indexer which runs either as a thread inside the GUI or as an external,
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".