tools for using algorithms based on elliptic curve cryptography (ECC)
DescriptionThe seccure toolset implements a selection of asymmetric algorithms based on elliptic curve cryptography (ECC). In particular, it offers public key encryption / decryption and signature generation / verification. ECC schemes offer a much better key size to security ratio than classical systems (RSA, DSA). Keys are short enough to make direct specification of keys on the command line possible (sometimes this is more convenient than the management of PGP-like key rings). seccure builds on this feature and therefore is the tool of choice whenever lightweight asymmetric cryptography -- independent of key servers, revocation certificates, the Web of Trust, or even configuration files -- is required. The toolkit implements Diffie-Hellman key exchange, allowing you to agree a key with another party over an insecure channel. The Diffie Helman protocol affords forward secrecy, and requires no previous contact with the other party. The seccure toolset allows you to select the curve that the operations are performed on, so that different cryptographic needs can be supported. This is currently the only ECC package in Debian GNU/Linux to offer a choice of curves and MAC lengths. It is currently missing some of the functionality of the sks-ecc package, including encrypting to multiple recipients at once, and creating different signature formats.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".