tool for aligning cDNA and genomic DNA
Descriptionsim4 is a similarity-based tool for aligning an expressed DNA sequence (EST, cDNA, mRNA) with a genomic sequence for the gene. It also detects end matches when the two input sequences overlap at one end (i.e., the start of one sequence overlaps the end of the other). sim4 employs a blast-based technique to first determine the basic matching blocks representing the "exon cores". In this first stage, it detects all possible exact matches of W-mers (i.e., DNA words of size W) between the two sequences and extends them to maximal scoring gap-free segments. In the second stage, the exon cores are extended into the adjacent as-yet-unmatched fragments using greedy alignment algorithms, and heuristics are used to favor configurations that conform to the splice-site recognition signals (GT-AG, CT-AC). If necessary, the process is repeated with less stringent parameters on the unmatched fragments.
41 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 0.0.20121010-3 (Information last updated 1 day ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".