documents - structuring, publishing in multiple formats and search
DescriptionSiSU is a lightweight markup based, command line oriented, document structuring, publishing and search, static content tool for document collections. With minimal preparation of a plain-text (UTF-8) file, using sisu markup syntax in your text editor of choice, SiSU can generate various document formats, most of which share a common object numbering system for locating content, including plain text, HTML, XHTML, XML, EPUB, OpenDocument text (ODF:ODT), LaTeX, PDF files, and populate an SQL database with objects (roughly paragraph-sized chunks) so searches may be performed and matches returned with that degree of granularity. Think of being able to finely match text in documents, using common object numbers, across different output formats and across languages if you have translations of the same document. For search, your criteria is met by these documents at these locations within each document (equally relevant across different output formats and languages). To be clear (if obvious) page numbers provide none of this functionality. Object numbering is particularly suitable for "published" works (finalized texts as opposed to works that are frequently changed or updated) for which it provides a fixed means of reference of content. Document outputs can also share provided semantic meta-data. SiSU also provides concordance files, document content certificates and manifests of generated output and the means to make book indexes that make use of its object numbering. Syntax highlighting and folding (outlining) files are provided for the Vim and Emacs editors. Dependencies for various features are taken care of in sisu related packages. The package sisu-complete installs the whole of SiSU. Additional document markup samples are provided in the package sisu-markup-samples which is found in the non-free archive. The licenses for the substantive content of the marked up documents provided is that provided by the author or original publisher. SiSU uses utf-8 & parses left to right. Currently supported languages: am bg bn br ca cs cy da de el en eo es et eu fi fr ga gl he hi hr hy ia is it ja ko la lo lt lv ml mr nl nn no oc pl pt pt_BR ro ru sa se sk sl sq sr sv ta te th tk tr uk ur us vi zh (see XeTeX polyglossia & cjk) SiSU works well under po4a translation management, for which an administrative sample Rakefile is provided with sisu_manual under markup-samples.
1366 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 7.1.11-1 (Information last updated about 5 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".