Samba (SMB) share advanced browser
DescriptionSmb4K is an advanced network neighborhood browser. It uses the Samba software suite to access the shares of the local network neighborhood. Its purpose is to provide a program that's easy to use and has as many features as possible. Features:
- Scanning for (active) workgroups, hosts, and shares
- Support of the CIFS (Linux) and SMBFS (FreeBSD) file system
- Mounting and unmounting of shares
- Access to the files of a mounted share using a file manager or terminal
- Auto-detection of external mounts and unmounts
- Remounting of previously used shares on program start
- Miscellaneous infos about remote network items and mounted shares
- Network search
- WINS server support
- Preview of the contents of a share
- Several methods to look up the initial list of workgroups and domains
- Default login
- Special handling of homes shares
- Ability to bookmark favorite shares and organizing them in groups
- Support of advanced Samba options
- Support of printer shares
- KWallet support
- Synchronization of a remote share with a local copy and vice versa
- Ability to define custom options for individual servers and shares
- Laptop support through the Solid hardware device framework
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".