plain text watermarking and watermark recovery
DescriptionSnowdrop provides reliable, difficult to remove stenographic watermarking of text documents (internal memos, draft research papers, advisories and other writing) and C sources (limited distribution software, licensed software, or freely available code) so that:
(1) leaks can be identified if the data goes public
(2) original source can be determined and demonstrated if part of the
document is claimed by somebody else, copied without permission, etcSnowdrop uses redundant steganography using four different logical channels, and should be proof to many modifications, including reformatting, spell checking and so on. Warning: Snowdrop is currently in beta, and may produce bad or corrupted results, especially when run on C source code.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".