command-line tools for Strigi Desktop Search
DescriptionThis package is part of Strigi Desktop Search, it contains utilities powered by Strigi:
* deepfind, an enhanced version of find. It lists files embedded in other
files like .deb, .rpm, .tar.gz, email attachments, and other files.
* deepgrep, an enhanced version of grep. It searches in binary files like
OpenOffice files, mp3s, Microsoft office files, pdfs and also in files
embedded in other files like .deb, .rpm, .tar.gz, email attachments, pdf
and other files.
* xmlindexer, a program that outputs the file parsing results as xml.
It walks through a directory and outputs an XML file containing all
the metadata and text it can extract from the files it encounters.
This means that the Strigi's powers of data extraction are now available
to all applications that can parse XML simply by calling xmlindexer and
parsing the output.See the 'strigi-daemon' package for more information.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".