simple commands for minimalistic window managers
DescriptionThis package provides simple commands designed to be used with a minimalistic window manager like dwm but they can be useful in scripts regardless of the window manager used.
* dmenu: Dynamic menu is a generic menu for X.
* lsw: Lists the titles of all running X windows to stdout, similar to ls(1).
* lsx: Lists executables in a directory.
* slock: Simple X display locker that locks the X session.
* sprop: Sets or gets X window properties.
* sselp: Simple X selection printer that prints the X selection to stdout.
* ssid: Simple setsid replacement.
* swarp: Simple X warping tool to warp the mouse pointer to a given position.
* tabbed: Simple generic tabbed fronted to xembed aware applications.
* wmname: Prints/sets the window manager name property of the root
window imilar to how hostname(1) behaves.
* xssstate: Retrieves the state of X screensaver.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".