graphical text editor with syntax highlighting
DescriptionTEA provides you with hundreds of functions. Want some tea? TEA features:
* Qt-based GUI with a tabbed layout engine;
* hotkey customization;
* spell checking (using aspell or hunspell);
* support for multiple encodings;
* syntax highlighting;
* support for code snippets and templates;
* string-handling functions such as sorting, reversing, de-formatting,
trimming, filtering, conversions etc.;
* editing support for Wikipedia, DocBook, LaTeX, and Lout;
* reading support for text-based word processor formats (ABW, DOCX, FB2,
KWD, ODT, RTF, SLA, SWX);
* miscellaneous XML/XHTML/HTML tools;
* "open at cursor" function from HTML href or img tags;
* preview in external browsers;
* drag'n'drop support (with text files and pictures);
* built-in image viewer (BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, SVG, WBMP).
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".