Software sound renderer (MIDI sequencer, MOD player)
DescriptionTiMidity++ is a very high quality software-only MIDI sequencer and MOD player. It uses sound fonts (GUS-compatible or SF2-compatible) to render MIDI files, which are not included in this package.
* Plays MIDI files without any external MIDI instruments at all
* Understands SMF, RCP/R36/G18/G36, MFI, RMI (MIDI)
* Autodetects and supports GM/GS/XG MIDI
* Understands MOD, XM, S3M, IT, 699, AMF, DSM, FAR, GDM,
IMF, MED, MTM, STM, STX, ULT, UNI (MOD)
* Does MOD to MIDI conversion (including playback)
* Outputs audio into various audio file formats: WAV, au, AIFF,
Ogg (Vorbis, FLAC, Speex)
* Supports NAS, eSound, JACK, ALSA and OSS drivers
* Uses Gravis Ultrasound compatible patch files and SoundFont2 patch
files as the voice data for MIDI instruments
* Supports playing from archives (zip, lzh, tar...) and playing remote
data from the network
* Timidity++ can be used as an ALSA sequencer device
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".