Lightweight Webkit browser following the UNIX philosophy
DescriptionUzbl follows the UNIX philosophy - "Write programs that do one thing and do it well. Write programs to work together. Write programs to handle text streams, because that is a universal interface."
* very minimal graphical interface. You only see what you need
* what is not browsing, is not in uzbl. Things like url changing,
loading/saving of bookmarks, saving history, downloads, ... are handled
through external scripts that you write
* controllable through various means such as fifo and socket files, stdin,
keyboard and more
* advanced, customizable keyboard interface with support for modes, modkeys,
multichars, variables (keywords) etc. (eg you can tweak the interface to be
vim-like, emacs-like or any-other-program-like)
* focus on plaintext storage for your data and configs in simple, parseable
* Uzbl keeps it simple, and puts _you_ in charge.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".