X server utilities
DescriptionAn X client is a program that interfaces with an X server (almost always via the X libraries), and thus with some input and output hardware like a graphics card, monitor, keyboard, and pointing device (such as a mouse). This package provides a miscellaneous assortment of X Server utilities that ship with the X Window System, including:
- iceauth, a tool for manipulating ICE protocol authorization records;
- sessreg, a simple program for managing utmp/wtmp entries;
- xcmsdb, a device color characteristic utility for the X Color Management
- xgamma, a tool for querying and setting a monitor's gamma correction;
- xhost, a very dangerous program that you should never use;
- xmodmap, a utility for modifying keymaps and pointer button mappings in X;
- xrandr, a command-line interface to the RandR extension;
- xrdb, a tool to manage the X server resource database;
- xrefresh, a tool that forces a redraw of the X screen;
- xset, a tool for setting miscellaneous X server parameters;
- xsetmode and xsetpointer, tools for handling X Input devices;
- xsetroot, a tool for tailoring the appearance of the root window;
- xstdcmap, a utility to selectively define standard colormap properties;
- xvidtune, a tool for customizing X server modelines for your monitor.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".