X11 program for telnet sessions to IBM mainframes
Descriptionx3270 opens a telnet connection to an IBM mainframe host in an X11 window. It can also connect to an IBM AS/400 as a 5250 terminal using the AS/400's 3270 emulation. The window created by x3270 can use its own font for displaying characters, so it is a fairly accurate representation of an IBM 3278 or 3279. x3270 is similar to tn3270(1) and c3270(1) except that it is X-based, not curses-based. x3270 implements RFCs 2355 (TN3270E), 1576 (TN3270), and 1646 (LU name selection), and supports IND$FILE file transfer. You will need to install x3270-fonts locally, or on your font-server - they are required.
5130 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 3.6ga4-2 (Information last updated about 14 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".