desktop integration utilities from freedesktop.org
Descriptionxdg-utils contains utilities for integrating applications with the desktop environment, regardless of which desktop environment is used. They are part of freedesktop.org's Portland project. The following utilities are included: * xdg-desktop-menu - Install desktop menu items * xdg-desktop-icon - Install icons on the user's desktop * xdg-email - Compose a new email in the user's preferred email client,
potentially with subject and other info filled in* xdg-icon-resource - Install icon resources * xdg-mime - Query and install MIME types and associations * xdg-open - Open a URI in the user's preferred application that
handles the respective URI or file type* xdg-screensaver - Enable, disable, or suspend the screensaver * xdg-settings - Get or set the default web browser and URI handlers If you are running GNOME, make sure that the gvfs-bin package is installed.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".