X Window System font utility programs
Descriptionxfonts-utils provides a set of utility programs shipped with the X Window System that are needed for font management. The programs in this package include:
- bdftopcf, which converts BDF fonts to PCF fonts;
- bdftruncate and ucs2any, tools to generate fonts with various encodings
from ISO 10646-encoded fonts
- mkfontdir, a program to generate fonts.dir files;
- mkfontscale, a program to generate fonts.scale files;
- fonttosfnt, a program to wrap bitmap fonts in a sfnt (TrueType) wrapper.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".