Synaptics TouchPad driver for X.Org server
DescriptionThis package provides an input driver for the X.Org X server to enable advanced features of the Synaptics Touchpad including:
* Movement with adjustable, non-linear acceleration and speed
* Button events through short touching of the touchpad
* Double-Button events through double short touching of the touchpad
* Dragging through short touching and holding down the finger on the touchpad
* Middle and right button events on the upper and lower corner of the touchpad
* Vertical scrolling (button four and five events) through moving the finger
on the right side of the touchpad
* The up/down button sends button four/five events
* Horizontal scrolling (button six and seven events) through moving the finger
on the lower side of the touchpad
* The multi-buttons send button four/five events, and six/seven events for
* Adjustable finger detection
* Multifinger taps: two finger for middle button and three finger for right
button events. (Needs hardware support. Not all models implement this
* Run-time configuration using shared memory. This means you can change
parameter settings without restarting the X server (see synclient(1)).
* It also provides a daemon to disable touchpad while typing at the keyboard
and thus avoid unwanted mouse movements (see syndaemon(1)).
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".