graphical file/directory comparison and merge tool - scripts
Descriptionxxdiff is a powerful tool for viewing the differences between two or three files, or two directories, and can be used to produce a merged version. The texts of the two or three files are presented side by side with their differences highlighted with colors for easy identification. This package provides a number of scripts that are used to perform a variety of tasks that all involve getting user verification and feedback using the xxdiff graphical differences viewer. For example, there are scripts to perform global renaming of strings within a large codebase, where each transformed file is viewed by the user with an xxdiff, accepted, rejected or merged changes written over the original file (making backups is supported). Also, this infrastructure is mostly provided as modules, in order to allow users to write file transformations in Python and to leverage this interactive confirmation process. There are also scripts that visualize diffs for a number of SCM systems, like CVS, Subversion, etc. This package was born after a number of these useful scripts had sprouted, and it became apparent that sharing the common code for the scripts would be a great advantage to tools writers. See documentation for a full list of the scripts and their role: http://furius.ca/xxdiff/doc/xxdiff-scripts.html
780 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1:4.0.1+hg487+dfsg-1 (Information last updated about 12 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".