XZ-format compression utilities - tiny decompressors
DescriptionXZ is the successor to the Lempel-Ziv/Markov-chain Algorithm compression format, which provides memory-hungry but powerful compression (often better than bzip2) and fast, easy decompression. This package provides the xzdec and lzmadec utilities, which write the decompressed version of a compressed file to standard output. The binaries are very small, so they can be easily stored on small media with some compressed files, and they are linked statically against liblzma so they can be used on machines without a compatible version of liblzma installed. However, they have:
* no compression support;
* no support for writing to a file other than standard output;
* no translated messages;
* been optimized for size rather than speed.For a full-featured xzcat command without these limitations, use the xz-utils package instead.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".