interpreted language and scientific graphics
DescriptionYorick is an interpreted programming language for:
* scientific simulations or calculations
* postprocessing or steering large simulation codes
* interactive scientific graphics
* reading, writing, and translating large files of numbersThe language features a compact syntax for many common array operations, so it processes large arrays of numbers very quickly and efficiently. Superficially, yorick code resembles C code, but yorick variables are never explicitly declared and have a dynamic scoping similar to many Lisp dialects. The yorick language is designed to be typed interactively at a keyboard, as well as stored in files for later use. This package includes an emacs-based development environment, which you can launch by typing M-x yorick in emacs. Many add-on packages and plug-ins are available for Yorick (the package names begin with "yorick-"). You may want to install the yorick-full metapackage which depends on the vast majority of them.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".