add and remove users and groups
DescriptionThis package includes the 'adduser' and 'deluser' commands for creating and removing users.
- 'adduser' creates new users and groups and adds existing users to
- 'deluser' removes users and groups and removes users from a given
group.Adding users with 'adduser' is much easier than adding them manually. Adduser will choose appropriate UID and GID values, create a home directory, copy skeletal user configuration, and automate setting initial values for the user's password, real name and so on. Deluser can back up and remove users' home directories and mail spool or all the files they own on the system. A custom script can be executed after each of the commands.
Development mailing list:
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".