configuration and management utilities for Apple AirPort base stations
DescriptionThis package contains various utilities to manage the Apple AirPort base stations. Be aware that Apple released several versions of the AirPort base station; the original AirPort ("Graphite") was a rebranded Lucent RG-1000 base station, doing 802.11a/b. The AirPort Extreme ("Snow") is an Apple-built 802.11a/b/g base station. For the original Apple AirPort and the Lucent RG-1000 base stations only:
- airport-config: base station configurator
- airport-linkmon: wireless link monitor, gives information on the wireless
link quality between the base station and the associated hostsFor the Apple AirPort Extreme base stations only:
- airport2-config: base station configurator
- airport2-portinspector: port maps monitor
- airport2-ipinspector: WAN interface monitoring utilityFor all:
- airport-modem: modem control utility, displays modem state, starts/stops
modem connections, displays the approximate connection time (Extreme only)
- airport-hostmon: wireless hosts monitor, lists wireless hosts connected
to the base station (see airport2-portinspector for the Snow)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".