Almighty Lightweight Fact Remote Exchange Daemon
DescriptionA.L.F.R.E.D. gathers status information in networks with dynamically chaing topologies, e.g. a Wifi mesh with mobile clients. It is a user space daemon for distributing arbitrary local information over the same mesh/network in a decentralized fashion. This data can be anything which appears to be useful - originally designed to replace the batman-adv visualization (vis), you may distribute hostnames, phone books, administration information, DNS information, the local weather forecast ... Users may insert information by using the alfred binary on the command line, or use custom written programs to communicate with alfred directly through unix sockets. Once the local data is received, the alfred daemon takes care of distributing this information to other alfred servers on other nodes somewhere in the network. As addressing scheme IPv6 link-local multicast addresses are used which do not require any manual configuration. A user can request data from alfred, and will receive the information available from all alfred servers in the network.
3768 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 2018.2-1+b2 (Information last updated about 21 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".