caching proxy server for Debian archive files
DescriptionApprox is an HTTP-based proxy server for Debian-style package archives. It fetches files from remote repositories on demand, and caches them for local use. Approx saves time and network bandwidth if you need to install or upgrade .deb packages for a number of machines on a local network. Each package is downloaded from a remote site only once, regardless of how many local clients install it. The approx cache typically requires a few gigabytes of disk space. Approx also simplifies the administration of client machines: repository locations need only be changed in approx's configuration file, not in every client's /etc/apt/sources.list file. Approx can be used as a replacement for apt-proxy, with no need to modify clients' /etc/apt/sources.list files, or as an alternative to apt-cacher.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".