Caching proxy server for Debian/Ubuntu/Devuan software repositories
DescriptionApt-cacher performs caching of files requested by apt-get (or other APT clients such as aptitude or synaptic). Apt-cacher can also proxy Debian Bugs SOAP requests for apt-listbugs. It is most useful for local area networks with slow internet uplink or as a method for reducing multiple large downloads. When a file or package is requested, the cache checks whether it already has the requested version, in which case it sends the package to the user immediately. If not, it downloads the package while streaming it to the user at the same time. A local copy is then kept for use by other users. Apt-cacher has been optimized for best utilization of network bandwidth and efficiency even on slow low-memory servers. Multiple ways of installation are possible: as a stand-alone HTTP proxy, as a daemon executed by inetd or as a CGI program (deprecated). Client machines are configured by changing APT's proxy configuration or modification of access URLs in sources.list. The package includes utilities to clean the cache (removing obsolete package files), generate usage reports and import existing package files. Optional features include a file checksum verification framework, IPv6 support, FTP and HTTPS (proxying only) support as well as the simultaneous caching of different repositories (e.g Debian and Ubuntu). Apt-cacher can be used as a replacement for apt-proxy, with no need to modify client's /etc/apt/sources.list files (and even reusing its config and cached data), or as an alternative to approx.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".