Handy off-line thesaurus based on WordNet
DescriptionArtha is a off-line English thesaurus with distinct features like:
* hot-key press word look-up (select text on any window and press
a preset hot-key for look-up)
* regular expressions based search (broaden search using wild-cards
like *, ?, etc.)
* passive desktop notifications (of word definitions for
* spelling suggestions (when the exact spelling is vague/not known)Once launched, it monitors for a preset hot-key combination. When some text is selected on any window and the hot-key is pressed, it pops-up with the word looked-up. Should the user prefer passive notifications, this can be done by enabling the notifications option. When the term looked for is vague/not known, then either the search can be broadened with the use of regular expressions (*, ?, etc.) in the search string or spelling suggestions when a term is incorrect. For regular expressions based search to work, wordnet-sense-index package is required.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".