Terminal locking program
DescriptionAway is a simple program that locks your terminal, checks for new mail in any given number of mailboxes, and lets others know why you are inactive. Away puts the message specified why your are away into the output of the 'w' command, so that users looking for you can see that and why you are away (and not only idle for some time) Away will also notify you if you have new mail. By default Away only checks for mail in a user's $MAIL file, but by using the awayrc file, a user can configure any given number of mailboxes to be checked. Away also uses PAM to lock your terminal in the way xlock locks an X11 session.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".