highly configurable X window manager
Descriptionawesome manages windows dynamically in floating or tiled layouts. It is primarily targeted at power users, developers, and all those dealing with everyday computing tasks and looking for fine-grained control over their graphical environment. It is highly extensible and scriptable via the Lua programming language, providing an easy-to-use and very well documented API to configure its behavior. awesome uses tags instead of workspaces, which gives better flexibility in displaying windows, and can be entirely keyboard-driven, not needing a mouse. It also supports multi-headed configurations; uses XCB instead of Xlib for better performance; implements many freedesktop standards; and can be controlled over D-Bus from awesome-client.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".