command-line backup tool
DescriptionThis is a backup program, designed to help you make daily archives of your file system. Written in bash and perl, it can make tar, tar.gz, tar.bz2, and zip archives and can be run in a parallel mode with different configuration files. Other archives are possible: MySQL or SVN dumps, incremental backups... Archives are kept for a given number of days and the upload system can use FTP, SSH or RSYNC to transfer the generated archives to a list of remote hosts. Automatically burning archives to removable media such as CD or DVD is also possible. The configuration file is very simple and basic and gettext is used for internationalization.
1547 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 0.7.12-4 (Information last updated about 3 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".