Belvu is a multiple sequence alignment viewer and phylogenetic tool with
an extensive set of user-configurable modes to color residues.
* View multiple sequence alignments.
* Residues can be coloured by conservation, with user-configurable
cutoffs and colours.
* Residues can be coloured by residue type (user-configurable).
* Colour schemes can be imported or exported.
* Swissprot (or PIR) entries can be fetched by double clicking.
* The position in the alignment can be easily tracked.
* Manual deletion of rows and columns.
* Automatic editing of rows and columns based on customisable criteria:
- removal of all-gap columns;
- removal of all gaps;
- removal of redundant sequences;
- removal of a column by a user-specified percentage of gaps;
- filtering of sequences by percent identity;
- removal of sequences by a user-specified percentage of gaps;
- removal of partial sequences (those starting or ending with
- removal of columns by conservation (with user-specified
* The alignment can be saved in Stockholm, Selex, MSF or FASTA format.
* Distance matrices between sequences can be generated using a variety
of distance metrics.
* Distance matrices can be imported or exported.
* Phylogenetic trees can be constructed based on various distance-based
tree reconstruction algorithms.
* Trees can be saved in New Hampshire format.
* Belvu can perform bootstrap phylogenetic reconstruction.
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything. Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on… Install belvu