butt (broadcast using this tool) is an easy to use, multi OS streaming tool.
It supports ShoutCast and IceCast and runs on Linux, MacOS and Windows. The
main purpose of butt is to stream live audio data from your computers Mic or
Line input to an Shoutcast or Icecast server. Recording is also possible. It
is NOT intended to be a server by itself or automatically stream a set of
* It Works with SHOUTcast and Icecast.
* It runs on all three major operating systems. Mac OS X, Linux and Windows.
* It supports aac+, mp3, ogg/vorbis, ogg/opus and flac for streaming.
* It supports aac+, mp3, ogg/vorbis, ogg/opus, flac and wav for recording.
* It is able to connect to a server after starting up automatically.
* It is able to start a recording after connecting to a server automatically.
* Recording can be split after a user defined amount of time.
* Current song can either be updated manually or automatically by reading a
* Configuration files can be imported and exported.
* Status display shows infos about the current state (click on it).
* Automatically reconnects in case the connection was interrupted.
* It has a VU Meter with peak hold.
* It is able to attentuate and amplify the input volume.
* It has a 5-band EQ.
* It can read song names from different apps in MacOS and Linux.
* Display colors can be changed as desired.
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything. Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on… Install butt