custom word list generator
DescriptionCeWL (Custom Word List generator) is a ruby app which spiders a given URL, up to a specified depth, and returns a list of words which can then be used for password crackers such as John the Ripper. Optionally, CeWL can follow external links. CeWL can also create a list of email addresses found in mailto links. These email addresses can be used as usernames in brute force actions. Another tool provided by CeWL project is FAB (Files Already Bagged). FAB extracts the content of the author/creator fields, from metadata of the some files, to create lists of possible usernames. These usernames can be used in association with the password list generated by CeWL. FAB uses the same metadata extraction techniques that CeWL. Currently, FAB process Office pre 2007, Office 2007 and PDF formats. CeWL is useful in security tests and forensics investigations. CeWL is pronounced "cool".
3044 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 5.4.9-2 (Information last updated about 23 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".