basic system security checks
DescriptionChecksecurity can periodically do some very basic system security checks:
* check-setuid - scans for insecurely mounted remote file systems,
and tracks changes in setuid programs;
* check-sockets - tracks changes in open ports to detect rogue programs;
* check-passwd - scans for empty or duplicate system accounts;
* check-disfree - scans for mounted filesystems nearing capacity;
* check-iptables-logs - scans logs generated by iptables and look
for intrusion attempts.Be aware that these minimal set of checks are no substitute for a full security auditing and integrity checking system. In addition to these checks you are encourage to install additional packages (listed in "Recommends") to provide more information concerning the security or vulnerability of your system. Installing the suggested package lockfile-progs can help to prevent the cron jobs running multiple times if something gets jammed.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".