French and English Text-To-Speech for MBROLA
DescriptionThis Text-To-Speech (TTS) engine speaks French; a preliminary English support is also offered. The engine uses context-sensitive rules to produce phonemes from the text. It relies on MBROLA to generate actual audio output from the phonemes. The TTS engine is implemented using the Python programming language. The upstream authors have come up with this TTS to try and meet their own needs as blind users. It's designed to be plugged as output to some screen-review software, firstly with BRLTTY. They favor speed and intelligibility over perfect pronunciation. Cicero is aimed to have a quick response time, the ability to quickly shut-up and skip to another utterance, intelligibility where it counts (not perfect pronunciation), the ability to track speech progression, relative simplicity (hackability) and relative small code size.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".