GTK Comic Book Viewer
DescriptionComix is a comic book viewer. It reads zip, rar, tar, tar.gz and tar.bz2 archives (often called .cbz, .cbr and .cbt) as well as normal image files. It is written in Python and has a simple user interface using PyGTK. Main Features:
* Fullscreen mode.
* Double page mode.
* Fit-to-screen mode.
* Zooming and scrolling.
* Rotation and mirroring.
* Magnification lens.
* Changeable image scaling quality.
* Image enhancement.
* Can read right-to-left to fit manga etc.
* Caching for faster page flipping.
* Bookmarks support.
* Customizable GUI.
* Archive comments support.
* Archive converter.
* Thumbnail browser.
* Standards compliant.
* Translated to English, Swedish, Simplified Chinese, Spanish,
Brazilian Portuguese and German.
* Reads the JPEG, PNG, TIFF, GIF, BMP, ICO, XPM and XBM image formats.
* Reads ZIP and tar archives natively, and RAR archives through the unrar
* Runs on Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD and virtually any other UNIX-like OS.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".