Live audio streamer
DescriptionDarkIce is an IceCast, IceCast2 and ShoutCast live audio streamer. It takes audio input from a sound card, encodes it into mp3 and/or Ogg Vorbis, and sends the mp3 stream to one or more IceCast and/or ShoutCast servers, the Ogg Vorbis stream to one or more IceCast2 servers. DarkIce uses lame as a shared object as its mp3 encoder, and the Ogg Vorbis as its Ogg Vorbis encoder. A legacy SYSV init script is provided for existing configurations. You have to set RUN=yes in /etc/default/darkice to run darkice as a daemon. With modern systems, this is not needed as realtime scheduling is available to normal users.
6853 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1.3-0.2 (Information last updated about 6 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".