framework for setting up desktop profiles
DescriptionThe different Desktop environments in Debian all offer the possibility of customizing them through the use of profiles (sets of configuration and/or data files). Usually it's also possible to stack configuration sets, combining the customizations provided by a number of profiles. This package offers a standard cross-desktop way of managing the conditional activation of available profiles. As such it is useful to both administrators (allowing different configurations for different sets of users) and CDD's (who want to have a configuration customized for a certain target group). This package currently supports setting up profiles for KDE, GNOME, ROX, Xfce (>=4.2), GNUSTEP, UDE, and Freedesktop. Freedesktop profiles allow you to do a (growing amount of) cross-desktop customization, while the other profile kinds allow you to customize the respective desktop environments to various degrees.
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".