tunnel TCP traffic through a HTTP proxy
DescriptionBrowsers (in general HTTP clients) use HTTP proxies to request web pages. The proxy forwards those request to the destination server. All the negotiation is done via the HTTP protocol, which is designed just to carry HTTP requests and no generic (TCP/IP) traffic. That is why you can't (normally) use Internet applications beside your browser if you are behind a HTTP proxy. That is what desproxy is good for. Desproxy is a TCP tunnel, which means desproxy can forward TCP/IP traffic via a HTTP proxy. Desproxy uses a HTTP/1.1 method (CONNECT) to establish TCP/IP connections on demand. CONNECT is used for SSL connections when accessing to secure sites. So if you can access sites that support SSL (www.hotmail.com for example) you can use desproxy.
1840 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 0.1.0~pre3-10 (Information last updated about 2 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".