detox is a utility designed to clean up filenames. It replaces difficult to
work with characters, such as spaces, with standard equivalents. It will also
clean up filenames with UTF-8 or Latin-1 (or CP-1252) characters in them.
* Removal or replacement of upper ASCII Latin-1 (ISO 8859-1) characters;
* Removal or replacement of UTF-8 encoded Unicode characters;
* Removal or replacement of spaces and other potentially tricky characters;
* Trimming of excessive "_" and "-"s;
* Directory recursion, dry runs, verbose listings.
It is designed with safety in mind. It won't overwrite a file that already
exists, and it doesn't touch special files if not requested.
detox is useful to mass rename files automatically. As just one example,
you can use detox to easily standardize lots of files, as MP3 or movies,
downloaded or stored inside a directory.
This package provides detox and inline-detox commands. The inline-detox can
be used in command lines, as a filter in shell procedures.
Upload more screenshots
Please help extend the collection of screenshots. Just make a screenshot and upload it here. You don't need to register or anything. Upload a screenshot
Hint: upload an image here from your clipboard with Ctrl-V
Install this software package
If the package is available for the distribution you are currently using on your computer then install the software by clicking on… Install detox