determines indel calls from short-read data
DescriptionDindel is a program for calling small indels from short-read sequence data ('next generation sequence data'). It currently is designed to handle only Illumina data. Dindel requires a BAM file containing the read-alignments as input. It then extracts candidate indels from the BAM file, and realigns the reads to candidate haplotypes consisting of these candidate indels. If there is sufficient evidence for an alternative haplotype to the reference, it will call an indel. It is possible to test indels discovered with other methods using Dindel, for instance longer indels obtained through assembly methods. Dindel will then realign both mapped and unmapped reads to see if the candidate indel is supported by the reads. Dindel outputs both genotype likelihoods and includes a script to convert these to a VCF file with indel and SNP calls. There is basic support for outputting realigned BAM files for each realignment-window. These realigned BAM files can be used to call SNPs near (candidate) indels.
763 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1.01-wu1-3+dfsg-1+b1 (Information last updated about 7 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".