standard SGML representation system for technical documents
DescriptionDocBook is an SGML document type definition (DTD) that is well-suited to books, articles, or reference documentation about technical matters, systems, or software (although it is by no means limited to these applications). It has emerged as an open and standard DTD in the software industry, and is used as the documentation system of choice for many free software projects. This package contains the SGML DTD for DocBook, which describes the formal structure for documents following this format. If you wish to author DocBook documents using XML rather than SGML, use the 'docbook-xml' package. You will need other packages in order to edit (psgml), validate (opensp) or format (docbook-xsl, docbook-dsssl) DocBook documents. This package includes the 2.4.1, 3.0, 3.1, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4 and 4.5 versions of the DocBook SGML DTD.
2852 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 4.5-6 (Information last updated 1 day ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".