standard XML documentation system for software and systems
DescriptionDocBook is an XML document type definition (DTD). That is, it contains the "DocBook" document structure. This is used by authors or editors writing documents in the DocBook XML format. DocBook was designed for books, articles, or reference documentation about technical matters or software. It has emerged as an open, standard DTD in the software industry, and is the documentation system of choice for many free software projects. This package contains the XML DTD for DocBook, which describes the formal structure for documents following this format. If you wish to author DocBook documents using SGML rather than XML, use the 'docbook' package. You will need other packages in order to edit (psgml), validate (opensp, libxml2-utils) or format (docbook-xsl, docbook-dsssl) DocBook documents. This package ships with the latest DocBook 4.5 XML DTD, as well as a selected set of legacy DTDs for use with older documents, including 4.0, 4.1.2, 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4.
1518 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 4.5-8 (Information last updated about 19 hours ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".