standard XML documentation system for software and systems
DescriptionDocBook 5 is a general purpose XML schema. That is, it contains the "DocBook" document structure. This is used by authors or editors writing documents in the DocBook XML format. DocBook was designed for books, articles, or reference documentation about technical matters or software (though it is by no means limited to these applications). It has emerged as an open standard in the software industry, and is the documentation system of choice for many free software projects. DocBook 5.0 is a complete rewrite of the well-known DocBook 4 XML schema/DTD, introducing a quite large number of backwards-incompatible changes. But the basic idea behind DocBook is still the same, and almost all element names are unchanged. This package contains the XML RelaxNG schema (with some additional Schematron assertions), W3C XML Schema (XSD) as well as the Document Type Definition (DTD) for DocBook, which all describe the formal structure for documents following this format. You will need other packages in order to edit, validate (libxml2-utils) or format (docbook-xsl-ns) DocBook 5 documents.
339 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 5.0-2 (Information last updated 1 day ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".