backup tool using MiniDV camcorders
DescriptionDvbackup hides the data it receives on standard input in a perfectly legal DV (digital video) stream. This allows you to use your DV camcorder and your DV cartridges as a potent mass storage system. Obviously, your system and your camcorder have to be connected via IEEE1394 (aka Firewire, iLink). Current digital camcorders can save approximately 13 GB of data on those tiny DV cartridges at a speed of 3.6 MB/sec. That's faster than most DAT streamers which only work at 1 MB/sec or less. dvbackup can not use all of the data, but 10 GB should be good enough for everyone. To bring the data on tape, you have to use an additional utility, called dvconnect, which is included in libdv-bin.
1528 other people were interested in this package here. The newest known version of this software is 1:0.0.4-9 (Information last updated 15 minutes ago.)
Upload new screenshots
Thanks for uploading more screenshots. Please note:
- Your screenshot should contain a typical scene when working with it.
- Take only a screenshot of the respective application and not of your whole desktop (unless the screenshot is meant for a window manager).
- Your screenshots must be in PNG format.
- You can upload multiple images at once.
- Your screenshot need to be approved by the moderators first. You will already see your screenshot but it will not be visible to others instantly. If moderators reject your upload you will get notified next time you visit this site (requires cookies).
- Images larger than 800x600 pixels will automatically be reduced. So don't try to capture too much detail in a screenshot. It may become unreadable. Shrink the applications window if possible.
- Screenshots are made public and can freely be used by anyone.
- Useful programs for making screenshots are shutter, ksnapshot (KDE), gimp, xwd or scrot. See the Debian wiki for more information on how to make screenshots under Debian.
- Please set your language to english so that everybody understands it. If you don't use english by default please start your application from a shell using after setting "export LANG=C".